INSTRUCTIONS TO LIENHOLDER:
1) Sign where your name appears as requested on the following documents
2) On the day of the sale, If there is no buyer, other than yourself, you must show your name as the buyer as well as the lienholder. Should you sell the vehicle later, you must complete bill of sale and give it to the buyer.
3)At least 10 days before the sale "Notice of Pending Lien Sale" must be posted
in a conspicuous place on the premises of your business office. And if the sale occurs at a place other than the business office. a notice must be posted at the site of the forthcoming sale.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE BUYER:
1) Do not lose or destroy these documents, as duplicates are not available.
2) Having possession of these lien sale documents does not assure you of legal title UNTIL you submitted them to Department of Motor Vehicles for transfer.
3) If the vehicle registration expired before lienholder's possession date, penalties will be due in addition to the registration fees If the registration expired after lienholder's possession date you MUST pay fees to the DMV or file the PNO (Planned Non-Operation) fee on the lien sale date to avoid penalties.
4) Vehicle has been acquired through default of previous owner, and therefore seller cannot guarantee, either implied or expressed, the mechanical condition of the vehicle including smog, brakes and lights. Seller's warranty, as stated on this document, applies to title only.
5) Seller's warranty is conditional and subject to buyer's compliance with buyer's LEGAL obligation to transfer ownership and register the vehicle within ten (10) days of the date of purchase as required by Section 5902 of the California Vehicle Code.
6) Seller makes no guarantee as to the registration status or accuracy of the expiration date on the vehicle, or accompanying documents since said information is not under the control of the lienholder. Nor their agent. Buyer may be held responsible for past due fees and associates penalties.
Sacramento Towing by Chima's warrants that this lien sale has been correctly processed in
Compliance with the laws of the Stale of California and will refund to the buyer the purchase price of the vehicle if it cannot be duly registered with the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles due to inaccurate, improper, and/or incomplete completion and/or processing of these lien sale documents. Buyer understands That seller's warranty Is limited to buyer and Is not transferable to any person or entity.
1) BUYER AGREES to transfer of ownership Into his/her name and register same with the California Department of Motor Vehicles within ten (10) days of the date of purchase, or as proscribed by law. The following documents are considers evidence of compliance Fee Receipt Temporary Operating permit or Certificate of Ownership and registration (or PNO, status registration), or any other document provided by California Department of Motor Vehicles which indicates buyer as the current owner of the vehicle and that such vehicle Is duly registered.
2) BUYER AGREES, on behalf of himself/herself and all subsequent purchasers, hereby waives any and all claims he/she has, known or unknown, at any time, against Lienholder and agent arising out of any defects or mistakes in processing and concluding the lien sale UNLESS the vehicle is transferred and registered as set forth above.
3) A certificate of compliance or non compliance is required to be obtained. by the buyer. certifying that this vehicle complies with the provision of Part 5 (commencing with section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health & Safely Code, before this vehicle may be registered in California. unless the vehicle is sold to a dealer or for the purpose of being wrecked or dismantled or is sold exclusively for off-highway use.
4) Failure to comply with registration requirements will result in a lien place against any vehicle owned by the buyer pursuant to section 10876 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, enforceable pursuant to section 10877 of the Revenue and Taxation Code and Article 6 (commending with section 9800) of Chapter 6 of Division 3. Receipt of this notice shall be evidenced by the signature of the buyer.
I (buyer) _________________________________________ agree to fulfill my obligation to transfer ownership and register this vehicle within 10 days of _____/_____/_____ and I understand that by failing to do so may result in liability to buyer and limit sellerís warranty. By signing this document I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement and I have received a copy of same.
Mailing address ____________________________________